JACARANDA FM RADIO INTERNSHIP
Times have changed from when classes meant meeting your lecturer in class daily, to now starring at your PC for lessons. However, as per the COVID-19 restrictions all public gatherings were put on hold. This included churches, entertainment venues as well as educational institutions. Universities had to immediately transition from contact classes to teaching and […]
Do you have some experience in radio and marketing? Love radio? Combine your passion for radio, and your creative ability to come up with new and exciting ideas!
Jacaranda FM has a highly exciting opportunity available! We are searching for two Interns to join our vibrant and dynamic team.
It is a 12 month internship program based at our Midrand offices in Gauteng, effective March 2021 to March 2022.
You will share your time between Jacaranda FM and Voice of Wits 88.1 over the course of the internship. For the duration of the internship a basic stipend will be paid. The successful applicants will also participate in training at the Wits Radio Academy. At Jacaranda FM, interns will:
· Be introduced to programming, marketing & IT & Technical.
· Assist in the various areas, thereby learning the practical skills involved.
At VOW FM, interns will:
· Be actively involved in the day to day operations of Voice of Wits specifically production, programming and management.
· Assist in all departments at Voice of Wits, to gain exposure to all areas of radio environment.
· A bachelor’s degree or relevant qualification is preferred, but matric is the minimum requirement.
· Computer literate, with skills in word processing, presentation and spreadsheets.
· Excellent communication skills.
· Strong initiative and drive.
· Driver’s License is preferable.
· Knowledge of current affairs and a good general knowledge.
· Some experience in radio (production/programming/marketing) will be an advantage.
· The Jacaranda Radio Internship requires good command of Afrikaans and English.
Jacaranda FM is committed to the achievement of equity in employment in respect of race, gender and disability. All appointments will be made in this context.
Applicants should submit a letter of motivation and a detailed CV to email@example.com attention Shoeshoe Qhu. The deadline for applications is 12 February 2021 at 17h00.