JACARANDA FM RADIO INTERNSHIP
Written By: Kamogelo Mogale Dean Burmester edged Darren Fichardt to win the Joburg Open which took place at the Houghton Golf Course on Sunday. Trailing Thriston Lawrence by three shots overnight, Burmester managed to fire flawless six birdies to finish on 18 under par in the tournament to win his third DP World Tour […]
Written By: Floyd Nkanyane Bafana Bafana’s dream of competitively qualifying for a FIFA World Cup since 2001 took a shock reality check on Tuesday afternoon as they succumbed to a 2-0 defeat at the hands of lowly ranked (140) Group C leaders Rwanda at a drenched Huye Stadium. Hugo Broos’ side headed to the […]
Written By: Kamogelo Mogale Mamelodi Sundowns Ladies were crowned 2023 CAF Women’s Champions League Champions after they defeated Sporting Club Casablanca of Morocco 3-0 in the final at the Stade Amadou Gon Coulibaly stadium on Sunday evening. Boitumelo Rabale found the back of the net with Refilwe Tholakele scoring a brace to ensure that […]
Do you have some experience in radio and marketing? Love radio? Combine your passion for radio, and your creative ability to come up with new and exciting ideas!
Jacaranda FM has a highly exciting opportunity available! We are searching for two Interns to join our vibrant and dynamic team.
It is a 12 month internship program based at our Midrand offices in Gauteng, effective March 2021 to March 2022.
You will share your time between Jacaranda FM and Voice of Wits 88.1 over the course of the internship. For the duration of the internship a basic stipend will be paid. The successful applicants will also participate in training at the Wits Radio Academy. At Jacaranda FM, interns will:
· Be introduced to programming, marketing & IT & Technical.
· Assist in the various areas, thereby learning the practical skills involved.
At VOW FM, interns will:
· Be actively involved in the day to day operations of Voice of Wits specifically production, programming and management.
· Assist in all departments at Voice of Wits, to gain exposure to all areas of radio environment.
· A bachelor’s degree or relevant qualification is preferred, but matric is the minimum requirement.
· Computer literate, with skills in word processing, presentation and spreadsheets.
· Excellent communication skills.
· Strong initiative and drive.
· Driver’s License is preferable.
· Knowledge of current affairs and a good general knowledge.
· Some experience in radio (production/programming/marketing) will be an advantage.
· The Jacaranda Radio Internship requires good command of Afrikaans and English.
Jacaranda FM is committed to the achievement of equity in employment in respect of race, gender and disability. All appointments will be made in this context.
Applicants should submit a letter of motivation and a detailed CV to firstname.lastname@example.org attention Shoeshoe Qhu. The deadline for applications is 12 February 2021 at 17h00.