Voice of Wits 88.1 FM seeks a Programme Manager
Written by Master on September 20, 2021
Programme Manager – 1 year Contract (renewable depending on funding)
Location: 9th Floor, University Corner Building, Braamfontein
Organisation Name: Voice of Wits (VOW FM)
Voice of Wits (VOW FM), a campus based community radio station at Wits University in Johannesburg seeks to employ a Programme Manager responsible for ensuring the development, implementation, maintenance and evaluation of the station’s programming strategy. Further to this they will be responsible for the training and development of the station’s on air and off-air talent.
Key Performance Areas;
1. Develop, manage and continuously review the station’s programming strategy, guided by audience research, trends in media consumption, community forums, focus groups and legal requirements.
2. Manage, develop and grow the station’s talent.
• Knowledge and understanding of broadcast rules, regulations and guidelines
• Knowledge of radio programming techniques, procedures and standards
• Excellent Communication skills
• Excellent people skills, able to manage, facilitate, communicate and work with people from diverse backgrounds
• Strong leadership skills
• Diplomacy and patience
• Ability to take initiative and work independently
• The ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
• Must have good knowledge of word processing, spreadsheets, presentation and radio editing, and automation software.
• Good active listener (able to give full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times).
• Time Management
• Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
A Bachelors degree with at least two (2) year’s work experience in broadcast media. Previous management experience is an added advantage.
Start Date: As soon as possible
Remuneration: A competitive package will be offered depending on qualifications and relevant experience.
To apply: To apply, submit a letter of motivation – clearly indicating which position you are applying for, detailed CV and the names and contact details of three referees (incl. e-mail addresses).
Register a profile on the Wits i-recruitment platform located at and submit your application.
Closing Date: 24th September 2021
Only applications submitted via the website will be considered for shortlisting. The University reserves the right not to make an appointment or to re-advertise.